Monday, March 28, 2011

Long Day for a Long Take

Okay let me jump right in and cut to the chase.  Saturday...A day I didn't remember signing up to take a class, but it is no big deal I had to go to Saturday school for over a month making up work and time for missing two months of school due to having two major surgeries when I was younger.  With that said/written, because I didn't actually say anything, I had a good time with my group, which was group one, and also group three.  There was extensive brainstorming and rehearsals to the last minute we had to shoot.  Everyone worked well together, with a little time for playing around while different segments of the long take was being blocked.  
Time seemed to fly by fast when trying to figure everything out, then digressed when it came time for processing, drying, and transferring the film to video.
The one thing I would have to say about this experience and what I observed, is that when it is crunch time and the designated to  film time is coming to a close, the pressure is on and some people begin to panic, the freaking out begins and the people who panic start talking to  
other people like they are idiots.  I mean it is quite comical to watch, they underestimate their team members who they spent an hour and a half practicing the shoot, the only difference is, that the trigger to the  
film is being held down.
In the end I took a lot from this experience and I learned a great deal from my classmates and I hope I could have done the same for my counterparts.  And the one I hope everyone took from this experience is how to work well and effectively as a film team, and that was no competition on whose film looked the best, then I would say that they learned nothing at all.
 Poem Freestyle

Bolexin the sixteen
m&m
Batman stole the
redheaded bride
the wheel chair
was the camera's
glide.  Stop
wait for it,
clashing blown
up rubber water,
the kid reads the book
on dirty steps,
the surfer skates.
Frisbees and tennis
balls sore the wind
and clouds blacken
f-stop to two, hope
that's right, just roll
with it.  Seven
testosterone, and
the two ladies, none
get over, they're just
as strong.  The last take
this is it.  The monkey
stalks under the trees
in the pretend park.
The message is
Just Read.

No comments:

Post a Comment