Monday, April 18, 2011

Do you know, what you know, what you know?

The poem this week is not from me, but from another poet and its topic has nothing to do with the mystery workshop.....or does it???


Homage to My Hips

these hips are big hips.
they need space to
move around in.
they don't fit into little
petty places. these hips
are free hips.
they don't like to be held back.
these hips have never been enslaved,
they go where they want to go
they do what they want to do.
these hips are mighty hips.
these hips are magic hips.
i have known them
to put a spell on a man and
spin him like a top
Lucille Clifton


Response

One word.....WOW!  I can't believe I just did that, makes me appreciate a camera a whole lot more.  Tell me your SECRET as the mystery was a hard concept to grasp, because first of all it is a secret and most people will not be so apt to jump forward to "tell" theirs.  Secondly, for most of us who are used to writing our stories out with a camera, probably found it almost impossible to do.

The only thing I could do use think outside of the biggest freaking box imaginable, and draw on from the very very little I knew of using MAYA, the paint program on my computer and scanning in items.  My film for the most part may seem a little ambiguous to the regular viewer, it may even seem so to an experimental person, because I know I was confused when I watched it.  I was like I used everything that I set out to use but for so reason the end product seems a little weird, but I thought about is some more and reminded me of my poetry, and I remembered my original intent and now I must say, my concept makes prefect sense.  And if you end up confused, I will not explain, because my secret is worn out in the open for everyone to see, but they don't realize what they are seeing and why they are drawn to is so, but the great thing is, is I know and you don't.  Maybe I'll tell, maybe I won't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment